Monday, October 3, 2011

I got the cover!


Receiving the cover to my debut novel is weird.  I didn't anticipate how odd it would be.  When I first opened the attachment from my publisher, I had to step away from the computer for awhile and simply breathe.  In. Out.  BREATHE.

For a few years now, I've had the characters of Grace Dupont and Jonathan Alexander in my head.  I've created their world--deleted their world--and recreated it.  I know them intimately.  Seeing the artist's interpretation of them, blew my mind.

Then I thought, "This is it.  It's really happening.  My dream is tangible and alive."

More breathing exercises occurred.  A few emails were sent out to my inner circle with the cover attached.  Ten hours later I posted it on Facebook.

I'm such a newbie.  After writing stories since the age of nine and having a career as a journalist, you'd think I'd be more savvy than this--more sophisticated.  Nope.  

This entire process is amazing.  I love being an author.  I love writing and creating.  I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world.  Seriously.  I get giddy just thinking about it.  At the end of the day, I'm just a lucky lady living her dreams.  Why wouldn't I be giddy?

I only hope that I feel like this for every cover to come.  Being excited, giddy, and awestruck is what life's all about!

No comments: