Wednesday, February 8, 2012

All I Really Want for Valentine's Day


Today I'm thrilled to host guest blogger, Erin O'Riordan, to Kisses, Caresses and Whispers in the dark.    Erin O’Riordan and Tit Elingtin write crime novels, including the pulp fiction-style ‘The Smell of Gas’ (Melange Books, 2011) and ‘Eminent Domain.’ When not plotting the demise of fictional characters, O’Riordan writes romantic fiction and erotic romance. Her latest release is a stand-alone short story titled “The Spell You Cast,” co-written with Rushmore Judd. O’Riordan curates the book blog Pagan Spirits at http://www.erinoriordan.blogspot.com  Also, please check out all of Erin's books on Amazon.


All I Really Want For Valentine’s Day
by Erin O'Riordan 
I already have the thing I really, really want for Valentine’s Day, my beautiful and super-creative husband, co-editor and co-author, Tit Elingtin. He has these gorgeous shoulders that I just want to dangle from all day, and his mixed blond-brunette-tiny bit redhead eyelashes are so long and pretty, girls would kill for them. 
As a couple, we usually don’t do anything formal to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This year, we may decide to go to Panera for a breakfast soufflé, some decaf and a shared chocolate pastry. 
However, if I were to speculate about what I might want for Valentine’s Day if I were not already the luckiest woman in the world, my list would look something like this:
  1. Christian Bale, with a red ribbon tied around him. If Sibi Blazic will not be cool and share her man, however, I will also settle for the other items on this list. 
  2. Chocolate pearls. I’m not much of a jewelry kind of girl, but my fondness for kayaking and generally being on the water includes a fondness for the little gems of the sea. I love chocolate. I love pearls. Therefore, chocolate pearls are perfect. 
  3. Large, hot coffee beverages, heaped with whipped cream and sprinkles. Sure, the calorie count is sky-high, so this isn’t something I want every day. As a one-time thing, in the depths of February, though? A real pick-me-up. 
  4. Violets. No need to explain this one; I just love violets. 
  5. A trip to Key West. Our niece is turning eight years old the week of Valentine’s Day. Her birthday reminds me that the day she was born was the same day Tit and I got back from a winter blues-busting trip to Florida. We haven’t been back since, and now that the little one is pushing her second decade, it’s high time we got back to Ernest Hemingway’s old stomping grounds. Tit’s writing style reminds me of Hemingway, even though he’s never read one of Hemingway’s books. 
  6. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1. I’m a sucker for a good vampire story, and I love Twilight. The fact that this disk is coming out the week of Valentine’s Day is completely appropriate, with the wedding/honeymoon theme of the movie and all.
  7. Books. According to GoodReads, I have 35 books on the wishlist. It needs updated a little bit; I own three of them. That still leaves 32 books I need, though. A gift card would be most welcome. 
Those things are all nice, but I don’t really need them. I have my writing partner to keep me warm. Here’s to wishing a happy February 14th to all, those who observe the ancient Roman feast of Lupercalia and those who treat it as just another winter day alike. 



Follow Erin on Twitter at @ErinORiordan 
About the Guest Blogger: Erin O’Riordan and Tit Elingtin write crime novels, including the pulp fiction-style ‘The Smell of Gas’ (Melange Books, 2011) and ‘Eminent Domain.’ When not plotting the demise of fictional characters, O’Riordan writes romantic fiction and erotic romance. Her latest release is a stand-alone short story titled “The Spell You Cast,” co-written with Rushmore Judd. O’Riordan curates the book blog Pagan Spirits at http://www.erinoriordan.blogspot.com 



2 comments:

Amber Lea Easton said...

Mmm...Christian Bale. He'd be on my list, too. :) Thanks for guesting today, Erin! It's been a pleasure. I wish you much success with all of your books. Your prolific nature is one to be admired.

Erin O'Riordan said...

Thanks so much for having me as a guest, Amber!