Monday, November 19, 2012

Hearts of Angels, a poem by Tammy Dennings Maggy


It's been a fun three days of hosting the talented author, Tammy Dennings Maggy.  I  hope you all have enjoyed it.  We're wrapping up her tour here on Kisses, Caresses & Whispers in the Night today, but I guarantee she'll be back soon.  For Open Mic Monday, she's sharing a poem with us.  Enjoy! 

I’d like to thank Amber for having me this weekend on her blogs. Just a few short days ago, the second book in my Now and Forever series was released by Siren Bookstrand. The journey of the characters Jacob Hartley and Quinn Quartermarsh isn’t unique. Sure they got to travel to another realm to fall in love, but at the heart of it all, it’s their journey to find each other through many lifetimes that’s the star of the show.

I believe there is someone for everyone. We are created in pairs. Whether or not we get to stay together in each lifetime depends on the lessons we have to learn Through it all, our hearts and souls continue to call out to one another yearning for the day when they are reunited once again. This is the core premise of the Now and Forever series. It’s the choices we make in each lifetime that either bring us closer to or further away from our heart’s desire. Sometimes those choices aren’t too smart on our parts, but eventually we “get it” and the reward is an eternity of happiness.

Sappy, huh? LOL Well, that’s what I believe. For the longest time I believed I was destined to go through each life forever searching. I obviously was too hard-headed to learn the lessons I was supposed to learn since my soul mate was a no show. I ended up settling for not being lonely instead of continuing to search. Lessoned learned! Once I got around that and picked up the pieces of that broken heart, in strolled my forever mate. Holy Guacamole!

Just like with Quinn and Jacob, my now husband and I had an overwhelming attraction to each other. As much as both of us tried to fight it, our hearts wouldn’t be denied. At one point I actually broke things off with him because I didn’t want to be hurt again. I knew without a doubt he was the love of my life, but he wasn’t sure. Not even one day went by before he was calling and texting telling me he didn’t want to lose me.  Goes to show you the old saying is right about loving someone enough to let them go. If they truly belong to you and it’s meant to be, they will find their way back to you. Sometimes they even figure it out before the sun goes down on the day you part and others take a tad longer. It doesn’t matter. In the end, you will be reunited with the one who completes you heart and soul. This I promise you.

My Muse inspired many poems after we started dating and then committed to each other. One of them in particular fits with Quinn and Jacob’s story and I’d like to share it with you today.


Hearts of Angels

Just when all hope was felt to be lost
And rebuilding a shattered heart and soul
Too high a cost,
A Beacon of Light strong and true
Came into this life
In the form of you.

Your quick-witted laughter
Helped to avoid certain disaster.
The twinkle in your eyes
Promised a friendship
Not built upon a foundation of lies.

Your love given so freely
Is to be cherished
And without it
One would most certainly perish.

You’ve shown the way
To live and love again,
And helped to fight the sorrow and pain
That surrounded this heart
And refused to allow it to mend.

Scared of rejection
And once again being tossed aside,
This Broken Angel held back the love…
Refusing to show the
Soft and vulnerable side.

Ever patient with the pure heart of an Angel:
You hold me close.
Kiss away the tears.
Help to wrestle away the demons
That have had control
Through the years.
Now we are free.
Our hearts once again whole.
It’s you my Angel…
Your love for me
That has finally broken the chains
That had bound my heart and soul.

Now is our time.
No need to go slow.
Time for the hearts of two Angels
To once again join
And their love for each other
Allowed to grow.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring.
But together our two hearts will be…
For it is written in the Stars
The happiness we feel is no passing thing
But a love blessed
By the Heavens for all eternity.

©Tammy Dennings Maggy
4/16/2011


To find out more about my story and that of Quinn and Jacob, pick up your copy of The Island (Now and Forever 2) today. It’s being offered at an additional 10% off the list price through November 22nd.  Stop by and say hello any time and let me know what you think about their story. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading,

Tammy
Blurb of The Island
After losing her brother in a fatal motorcycle accident, Quinn’s life spins out of control. Shutting herself off from friends and family in Michigan, she buries herself in her work, wishing for the pain to end. In her dreams she’s finally able to find the peace her heart craves on The Island.
Driven to recklessness over a heartbreaking betrayal, Jacob races his motorcycle on a rain slick California freeway. Near death in the hospital, he’s given a choice. Stay on The Island or go back for a second chance at love.
Destined to be together, but repeatedly torn apart, these two lost and melancholy people draw the attention of the Goddess Fate. As Quinn and Jacob’s lives hang in limbo, the soul mates are given a very special gift from the Gods, and the chance to finally have their love of a lifetime.


About the Author

As far back as I can remember I have had two dreams: become a veterinarian and a world-famous author. So far I achieved the first one and have enjoyed a wonderful career as a small-animal veterinarian. But something has always been missing. I’ve never stopped writing; that has never been an issue. The problem was getting up the nerve to actually finish one of my novels and submit it to a publisher. What a scary thought to send a stranger something I had poured my heart into. Would they like it? Would they see the characters the way I saw them in my head? Writing For the Love of Quinn was like giving birth to my first child. I had to let my characters go to see if they would take off, and boy have they ever! 
Jacob and Quinn’s story is far from over. They’ll pop in from time to time to check in with their friends and family in the next books in the Now and Forever series. They got their happily ever after, and now it’s time for the others to find theirs, too!
Having grown up in Michigan and now living in Northern California, I have had the privilege to experience life in a small town and a big city. Everyone who I’ve met along the way has influenced my writing in one way or another. Their experiences as well as my own help make up the characters that I hold near and dear to my heart. Helping them find the loves of their lives as well as fulfilling a few fantasies along the way is just frosting on the cake! 

Where to Find Tammy





3 comments:

Tammy Dennings Maggy said...

I wrote this poem at a time when my now husband and I were admitting to ourselves and each other how deeply we had fallen for each other. We were reunited in this life at the right time. Both of us had been through major heartbreaks, but ultimately we were the only ones who could make our hearts whole again. Our hearts went from being shattered and alone, to two separate whole hearts that now beat as one.

Yep...sappy but true!

A.L. Easton said...

We always appreciate sappy here, thanks for sharing. :)

hotcha12 said...

I MUST "BORROW" DAUGHTER'S CHARGE! LOL