Friday, January 4, 2013

Let's get naughty in 2013

You may be a good girl by day, but why not turn up the naughty factor by night?  It's 2013, a new year full of possibility.  I'm not one who makes the usual resolutions--because I usually break them within the first week--so this year I thought I'd do something a little different and make a list of naughty (or in some cases, simply empowering) goals for the year.  

Between work and parenting, I'm serious most of the time.  Heck, life is serious, right?  But it doesn't need to be that way 24/7.  Here are some of my naughty resolutions for the new year, feel free to borrow some and/or add a few of your own in the comments below. I don't know about you, but I'm looking to add more fun to my life. 


  • Embrace the power of sexy.  If a man's in bed with you, he's obviously attracted so stop being self-conscious about the lights being on or whatever the hang up of the moment is. Whatever it is that makes you feel sexy--painted nails, bikini wax, new lingerie, a new "toy"--do it for yourself. 
  • Take the lead.  I'm done with waiting for a man to take the initiative.  I'm a strong woman who knows what I want so why shouldn't I take it?  Maybe it's intimidating for some women, but if you want pleasure, you need to take matters into your own hands (sometimes literally) and simply go for it.  
  • Ask for what you want...and except nothing less.  This translates to a wide variety of things, but right now I'm talking about relationships and a sex life. We are each responsible for our own happiness and our own pleasure.  Speak up.  Don't like something? Say it. Want more of something else?  Let him know.  If you don't ask, you don't get.  
  • No more over-thinking things.  Let's face it, we all have insecurities. I'm going to stop over-thinking about my 40 plus year old body's stretch marks and cellulite and start being present with what marvelous things it can do.  Over-thinking insecurities gives them more power than they deserve.  No. More. Over. Thinking.  
  • Make-out more.  I admit that I missed a few opportunities for this in 2012, but no more!  I intend to take every opportunity to slow down the kisses, extend the foreplay, tease, flirt, rev up the engine and genuinely prolong the experience of enjoying my man. 
  • Have sex on different surfaces to spice things up.  Floors, truck beds, kitchen counters, yoga balls, sofas, washing machines...whatever!  Beds are fun, but why not explore options?  Maybe I'll make a list and start checking it off, see how many interesting places I find by year's end.
  • Get frisky in public.  Ahh...this reminds me of college, but I digress.  I don't know where or when and I sure as hell hope I don't get caught, but I want to have sex on a beach beneath a towel or in a park after dark or in the back seat of a car in a crowded parking lot (after dark, though).  There's a sense of breaking the rules with this one that I particularly like.  After all, I want to amp up my naughty factor so this is perfect. 
  • Take a sexy field trip.  Dates can get dull--relationships may involve the same old take out every Friday night--why not deviate from the norm, grab your guy/gal and head to an adult toy store for some fun?  The upside is then you get to try things out when you get home. 
  • Go on a couples' spa date.  Mmmm...a couple's massage followed by a long soak in the jacuzzi that ends up with your newly soft and relaxed bodies rubbing against each other in bed.  Sounds like a plan! 
  • Treat myself for every resolution I keep.  Yep, I operate on a rewards based program, especially for myself.  For every resolution I keep, I'm going to either indulge in a new pair of shoes, a manicure or...maybe...a bowl of cookie dough ice cream! 
Novels by Amber Lea Easton are available on Amazon, AmazonUK, Barnes and Noble.com and Bookstrand.com.


5 comments:

Maggie @ ReadingDiva Blog said...

Great list, and I totally agree with all of them!...

Naomi Bellina said...

Love these! You've inspired to experiment a bit more. Maybe we'll all have a happier, sexier 2013!

Joelle said...

Love the list! I enjoy them all myself.

Shayna York said...

Awesome list...couldn't agree more! I would add - take more time for yourself - if you are relaxed and happy, sexy comes that little bit easier!

Benjamin T. Russell said...

I love this list for a whole host of reasons, not the least is that I can personally relate to more than a few of them. As a man, my favorite one is Make-out more. That one brings back nostalgic memories from my youth when make-out sessions lasted for hours. Whew, I'm getting warm thinking about the good ole days.

I wish you good luck on your accomplishing every item on your 2013 Naughty List. Now I need to go make my own list. Muwah!@