Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Husband Diet by Nancy Barone


Today's spotlight shines on author Nancy Barone. She's sharing her new release, The Husband Diet, with us. I tell ya, from her interview, this sounds like a book that's definitely going onto my "to be read" list. Welcome, Nancy! 

www.nancybarone.com

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Kisses, Caresses & Whispers in the Night today.  I really appreciate your time.
Can you tell us a little bit about your newest release?

Hi Amber and thank you for letting me crash! The Husband Diet is a story I’ve always wanted to tell. Erica is an overweight and under-loved housewife who dreams of running away to Italy- possibly with her kids’ gorgeous principal Julian Foxham. But before her dreams can come true she has to get rid of her husband and dreams a million ways of doing it.

What inspired this novel in particular?
Good question. Women mostly, and the sacrifices they sometimes have to make for their loved ones while thinking ‘I want out!’


Who is your favorite character in this novel and why?
Definitely Erica- but I wouldn’t mind hanging with Julian Foxham. Paul is a laugh and I love him, too!

What comes first--characters or plot ideas?

Definitely my characters- they drive the plot and tell me what to do.

How important is setting? Does it play an integral role in this story?
In The Husband Diet the setting’s sole purpose is to highly contrast the amazing setting in Book Two and Three!

What motivates your main characters?
A new start, definitely. Plus, it was either the path she took, or going to jail for murdering her husband!

What is the central conflict?
Erica Cantelli is bigger than life and bigger than her old clothes. She’s juggling a crazy demanding life with no time for herself- until she meets Julian, the breath of fresh air she desperately needs.

What is your favorite aspect about being a novelist? 
I’m a bossy girl so having people (although in this case I settle with fictional characters) do what I want is great! Problem is Erica Cantelli is bossier than me and doesn’t listen to me and lives her own life.

What draws you to this particular genre?
Women’s fiction has so many possibilities. It can be about any aspect of a woman’s life, romance included. I love women’s fiction because it gives you the scope of a well-rounded woman that you can develop.


Are there any other genres you can see yourself writing and why/why not?
I started out as a romance writer and write under a pen name to keep the genres separate.

What’s your goal as an author? By that, I mean...why write? Why is it important to you? 
I can’t imagine not writing, not creating stories. I do it all the time, even in my dreams, in the shower, in the car. Stories are life, life are stories. I love writing almost as much as I love chocolate.

If you could snap your fingers and transport yourself anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? 
Lots of places- warm countries, mostly, but my neighbors have invited me several times to Norway. Just might take up the kind offer! I also love England, my husband’s country, especially the countryside, the small village pubs and cider, of course!

Tea or coffee?
Decaf coffee with cinnamon! (And a cinnamon roll. Or a chocolate doughnut, I’m good either way!)

Night person or early riser?
Early to bed, late to rise if I’m not working.

Tell us 5 little known facts about yourself. 
1) I have a gazillion cousins on both sides of the family.
2) I learned to speak Italian before English as a baby.
3) My husband and I had two separate wedding receptions- one in Canada and the other in Sicily. I can’t even get married in one place!
4) I read my fave books over and over again.  
5) I moved to Italy when I was almost thirteen.

About the book...
The Husband Diet is for fans of snarky humour, women who know what it’s like to feel under-appreciated, and those that don’t think plus size heroines only come in a size 12.

With a simple honesty that is in turns both hilarious and touching, you’ll laugh and cry. Sometimes both at the same time. 

If you’re a fan of Jen Lancaster, Jennifer Weiner, Stella Newman, Fiona Gibson or Lucy Diamond then you’ll love Nancy Barone. 

Erica Cantelli’s life feels more suffocating than a size 4 dress. 

On the surface she’s maintaining the image of successful career woman, perfect wife and a doting mother with two wonderful children.

In reality she’s running out of hours in the day; 6 dress sizes bigger than she wants to be; and the only man who shows her any affection is her gay best friend. 

In fact fantasizing about how to kill her increasingly disinterested husband is just about all that keeps Erica sane. That and a whole different type of fantasizing about the incredibly handsome new school Principal, Julian Foxham. 

When her husband jokes about trading her for two size tens, Erica knows something has to change. But is another diet really the answer? Or is getting rid of him the fastest path to happiness? Now if she could only stop thinking about the gorgeous Mr Foxham… 

For any woman who has ever felt under appreciated, or thought about giving up on their dreams, Erica is a hilarious breath of fresh air.

Where to buy it...
Amazon stores:















Kobo




Barnes & Noble




Apple iBookstore






IT:                    https://itunes.apple.com/it/book/the-husband-diet/id640280110



Physical version








No comments: