Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Is is love or lust--or an absolute DISASTER--at first sight?" You decide #romance #eroticromance #asmsg

Mmm...first encounters. I love it when characters in both movies and novels meet for the first time. It sets the tone for what's to come. Sometimes there's snap, crackle, sizzle...or maybe there's that slow burn of borderline contempt that you just know is gonna be fun to watch. 

Today we're spotlighting a fun little twist on the "love or lust at first sight" feature. It  ended up in love in the latest release, but to see where it all began we get a glimpse of what probably was more of a disaster as a first meeting. How fun is that? Welcome Madison Sevier! Thank you for sharing a bit of both "You'll Never Be Lonely" and "Natural Lust" with us! 



Hank and Kallie meet:
From: You’ll Never Be Lonely: (2nd book—newest release—February 1, 2014)

When I think back to the first moment we met, I remember the look on your face, how incredibly angry you were and I adore you even more now for how passionate you are. When you lie beside me, peacefully asleep, I thank God that fate or whatever you want to call it threw us together. Sure, J.B. played a huge part in our meeting, but I’m the one who inadvertently destroyed your laptop and e-reader.”

With a pointed look, Kallie grinned as Hank continued. “I know. I also caused you to drop your phone over the edge of the ravine. Also an accident and, without any of those things happening, I never would’ve found the love of my life. Kallie, I’ve loved you from the moment you called me a Neanderthal. I don’t regret a moment of it and if I had to do it all over again, I would. I love you and I promise you that I will never leave you. I want to fill your life with happiness and I’ll do everything in my power to make you understand you’ll always be safe with me. Your electronic devices however, maybe not so much.”


Hank and Kallie meet:
Natural Lust: (1st book—release February  7,  2013)


After reading a paranormal novella by a talented author Kallie had never heard of, she stretched and decided to take a quick break. As she sat there surrounded by the magnificent Smoky Mountains, she felt the tension fall away. Before she knew it she was awakened by a torrent of cold water falling across her body.

“Aaaahhh! What the?” Kallie spitted and sputtered, trying to catch her breath.

She grabbed her towel and dried her eyes off so she could smack whoever awakened her so rudely. What she saw sent anger rippling through her. There beside her, covered in water was none other than her laptop and e-reader! Kallie frantically picked the soggy electronics up, shaking them as she tried desperately to save her beloved gadgets. It was no use, they were ruined.

She spun around and found the jerk that had screwed up her relaxing weekend and set off with fire in her eyes. “I should kick his ass,” she mumbled.

“Do you realize what you did? Hey! I’m speaking to you, Neanderthal. You just ruined my computer and my e-reader with your big, flamboyant antics.”

The man continued to do swim lap after lap across the large pool, never once giving attention to Kallie’s outburst.

“Hello? Inconsiderate much?”

Frustrated beyond belief, Kallie turned to retrieve her belongings. Just as she’d packed up her sunscreen, the man called, “Hi. How are you? I didn’t know anyone else was here. I’m…”

Kallie cut him off as he stood in front of her with his hand outstretched, awaiting hers to shake. “You are the most idiotic man I have ever met! Do you realize what you’ve done? How dare you come over here all nicey-nice after the stunt you pulled?”

“Sorry, but I have no idea what you’re talking about. Do I know you?”

“No idea, huh? You have no idea what you did? Figures. Just like a man.”

“Listen lady, I’m sorry that someone has evidently gotten you all riled up, but there’s no reason to take it out on me. I’m just here to swim. Sorry I bothered you.” He walked away shaking his head, sending drips of water from its dark ends. His well-toned backside wasn’t enough to tame Kallie’s anger though.

“That’s right. Just walk away. Don’t worry about me. Don’t offer to pay for what you did. No worries, I will handle it myself.” Kallie proceeded to pack up her soggy belongings and muttered about assholes and senseless jerks.

The man turned around asking, “Pay for what?”

“Oh, now you want to know? Well, Mr. Pool God, for your information you ruined my laptop and my e-reader. They are currently full of the water you so kindly sent cascading over them.” Kallie pointed to the chaise loungue she’d occupied, now soaked and covered in water.

“What are you talking about? Do you always talk in riddles?”

“Ugh. Listen, just be a gentleman and at least offer to pay for the damages.”

“Me? Why? You’re the one who apparently brought the gadgets to a pool. Did you ever stop to think that might not be the best idea?” The man toweled himself off, reminding Kallie of those guys in the shaving cream commercials on TV. Lean, rock-hard abs, asses women long to grab and that irritated her even more. The guy ruined her things and was a jerk. What the hell was she thinking getting all hot and bothered by some strange laptop murdering flake!

“I brought them to an empty pool. No one was here. How was I to know a grown man would show up with a burning need to do a cannon-ball like a child?”

“Maybe if you hadn’t been facing the other way, you would’ve seen me and moved your things. Why would you go to a pool and sit in a chair facing the opposite direction? I had no idea you were there.”

“The direction I face is my business. For your information, the glare was preventing me from working. So I was enjoying the view of the mountain while I finished. I was quite content until I was so rudely awakened.”

From across the patio, the guy’s cell phone rang to the tune of ‘I’m Sexy and I Know It’—, further proof the guy was a complete sod. “Look, I really don’t know what you expect me to do about it and I’m late for an appointment. So, um, good luck with whatever, lady.”

The man trotted to the other side of the pool, grabbed his sunglasses and a set of keys leaving Kallie stand there with a dripping laptop in her arms and her mouth wide open in shock.

Buy Link: Secret Cravings Publishing:



Author Bio
Madison Sevier is a newly published, romance author at Secret Cravings Publishing. Her first book Natural Lust, part of Secret Cravings Publishing's ‘Weekend Getaways' line released in February of 2013. Madison's second book Anything You Want, Book 1 of the River Jewel Resort series was published in September, 2013. Wicked By Nature, a paranormal-erotic romance novel is due out December 17, 2013.

Madison's days are spent homeschooling her daughter, while her nights are spent weaving naughty, romantic tales. She writes unconventional endings which have been loved by some and hated by others. Madison is a firm believer that love is never predictable and loves to show that happy endings come in many forms.


Madison's words to live by; "Have fun and enjoy every moment in life. You never get a chance to do the exact same thing twice.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the excerpt. It's going on my TBR list

Madison Sevier said...

Thank you for letting me stop by today, Amber. This is a great post!

Hope to see you at my place soon :)

lorrainenelson said...

Madison! I have got to read this! What a tantalizing excerpt. :)