Monday, April 14, 2014

My Writing Process #BlogHop #Romance #ASMSG

My Writing Process

This particular blog hop is all about authors offering others a glimpse into their work, their work schedules, and perhaps their innermost thoughts. Some of us are quite opposite our real life personas.

Many thanks to the wonderfully talented Cynthianna Mathews who tagged me. She's a brilliant fantasy and contemporary romance author who writes stories with heart and humor! Thanks, Cynthianna! 
Q. What am I working on?
I'm finishing up edits for my next romantic suspense novel, Dancing Barefoot. Jessica Moriarty has it all--good friends, successful career as an architect, excellent apartment in a prime location--but it all feels hollow. Five years ago she abandoned the love of her life and her dreams of being an artist in order to follow the path expected of her. But the past has a way of sneaking up on a person when she leasts expects it. Jacques Sinclair is in town and she's presented with a second chance at love. Someone doesn't want that to happen, though, and will go to any lengths to stop her, including arson, conspiracy, and murder. Will she find the courage to break free of the past and, if so, will she survive to make the choice that's best for her? 
Q. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I am not a cookie cutter romance novelist. Reviewers often say my work crosses genres, that the plot lines are smart as if torn from the headlines, and that my work is fueled with emotion. 
Q. Why do I write what I do?
I love being able to create worlds where I control the outcome. I love romance because I know that, no matter what hell my characters endure during the story, there will be a happy ending. It's the challenge of getting them there that really turns me on. How will they overcome these internal and external conflicts in a realistic way? Who are the secondary characters in their world and how do they impact the main characters? It's all riveting to me. I love writing romantic suspense as much as I love reading it. Knowing that I can make someone smile when they turn that last page makes the challenge worthwhile. 
Q. How does your writing process work?
I write. Period. I allow the first draft to flow out of me like a river breaking free of a dam. I don't censor it. I let it go. Then the work begins with revision after revision until I have sculpted it into the story I need it to be. The first draft is merely a skeleton, the revisions make it whole. 
Q. Who will we meet next week?
You will meet Dakota Skye, paranormal erotic romance author. What would you do if your lover returned as a ghost? Yeah, it's complicated. Sierra never thought she'd be in a love triangle with a ghost!  myBook.to/BlurredLines
You will also meet sexy Celine Chatillon! If you love hot historical romance, you'll love her.  http://www.extasybooks.com/blood-in-berlin
You'll also meet Tammy Dennings Maggy, author of sexy, edgy, dark erotica that will pushes boundaries. You won't want to miss The Surrender of Julia! 



No comments: