Sunday, June 8, 2014

Triton heats up "Is it love or lust at first sight" Check it out! #Romance #Mythology #Asmsg

-->
 Mmm...first encounters. I love it when characters in both movies and novels meet for the first time. It sets the tone for what's to come. Sometimes there's snap, crackle, sizzle...or maybe there's that slow burn of borderline contempt that you just know is gonna be fun to watch. 

Today Author Yelle Hughes stops by to share in the fun. Don't be shy--tell us what you think! 

Excerpt...
There were six people all together, including George, who would be the lead photographer. The crew consisted of the photographer’s assistant who was a young man in his teens, the makeup artist, the hairdresser, the driver, and his assistant. The driver looked very familiar. George introduced him as Taz.
Call her crazy, but he looked just like the man from her dreams. Tall with the same dark green eyes and hot-ass body now covered in jeans, jacket and t-shirt. Their eyes met once, but he was the first to look away.
They would certainly call her crazy if she said anything, so she explained it away, since they work for a magazine, she probably saw him somewhere and just manifested him into her dream.
Yea, that’s got to be it. There was no other explanation.
George pulled Taz over to the side of the trailer, “Dude, did you see that? It looked like she recognized you, why is that?”
Taz peeked around the corner to see Ari talking with the other staffers and pulled George further back. “Umm…I may have…ahem…let her see me on the flight over here.”
“What do you mean, let her see you?”
Taz watched sand blow across his shoe, “Umm…I kind of…Umm…paid her a little visit when she fell asleep on the plane. And kind of…allowed myself to be…Umm…seen.”
****
Ari began turning away then abruptly turned back. “Have you ever been to the States, possibly Ohio? It’s just that I think I’ve seen you before and some strange things have been happening lately and your face has been a part of it.”
Taz’s raised eyebrow had her rushing to explain her crazy theory even further, “Um, please don’t look at me like that, it’s just that…please don’t think I’m crazy.” Hesitantly she continued. “I’ve been having these dreams.” Then more to herself while watching her toe kick a small rock, “The hottest, most erotic dreams…”
Seeming to snap out of a daze, she cleared her throat. “I’m sorry, you must be thinking I’m one of those silly Americans, honestly I’m not, you just happened to appear in my dreams twice and now I see you in person, all within two weeks. So I must have seen you somewhere before, why else would I dream about you? Everything is exactly the same, your face, your body…”
OMG! That body.
Ari continued, grateful she didn’t say that out loud, “The only thing different is your voice.”
Folding his arms and raising his one eyebrow once again, he gave her a look that said yes, she is one of those silly Americans.
She peeked up at him and saw his look. Ari backpedaled her crazy rant, “You know what? Forget I said anything. I’m probably suffering from jet lag.” Rubbing her forehead, “Can we start over?”
Taking pity on her distress, he soothed her, “Miss Phillips, I mean Ari, do not worry. I have been to Ohio before and if this is true that you’ve seen me in your dreams, then maybe there’s a possibility that you have seen me before.”
Smiling he moved in a little closer so the others couldn’t hear. “Since you say I was in your dreams, may I ask, was it satisfying?”
Ari stared into his eyes and took a deep breath-gosh, he smelled so good; it brought back images of her dream. Her eyelids drooped low and she licked her full lips.
She copied his lowered voice and responded shyly, “Um, yes…it was very satisfying.” She whispered. She watched as Taz’s mouth came closer to hers and she ran her tongue along her lips one more time. Taz’s gaze followed its path.
“Ready to go?” George’s face appeared at the side with a twinkle in his eyes.

Ooo...I'm lovin' it! I am definitely intrigued. If I have to vote, I'd say there's a whole lotta lust here. 

Book blurb...
What happens when your ancestor, who happens to be a pedophile, a rapist and a cold-blooded killer, tries to kill you? Even stuffs his daughter into a box and throws them into the sea?

Luckily for Ariadne Phillips, Triton, god of the sea, travels across the ocean to protect her. Reluctantly you might add.
Sent by his father to watch a silly mortal, Taz plans to ship her off to No Man’s Land, so he can go back home to max and relax.
When green eyes meet hazel, it’s a done deal. Taz wants to keep the only mortal who can make him laugh and cry at the same time, while Ari gets a dream trip to Greece, to be a model and finally use her self-defense training to kick some butt.
Happily ever after can’t be reached without Taz discovering his mortal flaw. Gods can and do die. Ari can’t join the immortal ranks without fighting the crockety Fates for her soul.


Now let's find out more about this talented author. 


-->
Yelle Hughes, mum of three and now a proud grandparent, is an avid reader as well as author. She enjoys canoeing, studying the Greek myths, watching action and western movies, and is an unpaid movie critic. Her work is written from the heart and from the people who have passed through her life, just as the seasons pass each year.
Links

Website: http://yellehughes.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/YelleHughes

FB Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/YelleHughes?ref=hl

Triton-Amazon: http://goo.gl/1qkYEq







2 comments:

Yelle Hughes said...

You're site is so beautiful!!! I am honored for the privilege to be interviewed by the wonderful, Amber Easton.

Thank you so much :)

Christoph Fischer said...

Two of my favourite writers together! And yes, the site is amazing! :-)