Monday, October 20, 2014

#AuthorInterview with the scorching hot #EroticRomance author Blakely Bennet

It's Open Mic Monday and I'm happing to let Blakely Bennett take over center stage! Drum roll, please! Cue the sexy music, light the candles, let the fun begin. 

Me: A lot of people in the world have stereotypes of the romance genre. Why do you enjoy writing it and what are your feelings about the generalizations? 

BB: Honestly, I’m in love with love. I enjoy watching love stories and reading them. I also get very tired of the same story over and over again so I try to write stories that are different. I can’t really speak to the stereotypes in romance, but I can speak to stereotypes in erotica. I had no idea that erotica was automatically assumed to be romance. Over the last couple of years I think the genre has expanded and therefore people’s understanding of it has as well.

Me:  How do story ideas come to you? 

BB: I really don’t have a good answer for this other than to say I have a very active imagination and I am ALWAYS running a story in my head. Some I write down and others I don’t.

Me: Do you outline the plot? 

BB: Not when I write on my own. I let my characters take me for a ride. When my husband and I write together, we do outline.
   
Me: What inspires you as an author? 

BB: Have I mentioned love? Love, people, flawed vulnerable personalities, music, joy, passion, and sex.

Me: Outside of writing, what do you do for fun? 

BB: Lay naked in the sun, read, spend time with my husband, daughter, friends and other family, dance, watch TV and movies, travel, etc.

Me: What are a few of your favorite 'go to' movies to veg on the couch with on a chilly evening? 
BB: Easy A, Holiday, Galaxy Quest, Hes Just Not That Into You, and Shrek.

Me: Do you do a lot of reading for pleasure or does it feel more like work these days? 
BB: I’ve stopped reading friend’s work for editing (at least mostly) and read for pleasure. When I was editing a lot, it was difficult to read for pure enjoyment. 
Me: Can you tell us more about your latest release? What was your inspiration behind it? 
BB: Bittersweet Deceit came out in August. It’s the second book in the erotic romance series Bound by Your Love. The protagonist is a full-figured woman wrapped up in an affair with a married man. I was inspired to write the story in such a way that even those who are usually opposed to reading about adultery would be interested in her story and how she finally finds the love she truly deserves.
Me: Can you tell us five little known facts about yourself?

BB: 1.     I’m a nudist.
2.     I very rarely drink.
3.     My eyes are hazel green.
4.     We have two cats: Annie and Coco.
5.     I love tie-dye.




Where to buy:

More about Blakely: 

Blakely Bennett grew up in Southeast Florida and has been residing in the great Northwest for over nine years. She graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a degree in psychology, which accounts for her particular interest in constructing the personalities, struggles, and motivations of her characters. She is an avid reader of many genres of fiction, but especially enjoys erotica and romance. Writing has always been her bliss.

Blakely is married to a wonderful, loving, and supportive husband, who is also a writer, and who helps to keep her grounded. She is a mother, a communitarian, a lover of music (it is always on while she is writing thanks to Pandora), and a good friend. An advocate of love and female empowerment, she is also a facilitator for a women’s group. She loves to walk and hike for exercise, and finds that, since moving to Seattle, Washington, she is now one of those crazy people who walk in the rain.

Bittersweet Deceit is her sixth novel. She is also the author of the dark erotic suspense My Body Trilogy (My Body-His, My Body-His (Marcello) and My Body-Mine) and the co-author of the contemporary romance, The Demarcation of Jack, which she wrote with her husband, Dana Bennett.

You can find Blakely on the web at:
www.blakelybennett.com



1 comment:

Blakely Bennett said...

Thank you so much for hosting and posting this awesome review. I so appreciate it.

Warmest hugs,
Blakely