Sunday, September 13, 2015

No Need for Translation When Love is in the Room #Romance Excerpt

Sometimes words get in the way...

Welcome to the Scintillating Sunday Blog Hope where multiple romance authors share 8 paragraphs from their work that they think captures the word 'scintillating." Here's a peek inside In Between, Book One of the Dancing Barefoot Series: 

excerpt...

"I am falling in love with you I think and it annoys me." He shoved his hands through his hair again, his annoyance palpable from across the room. "You with your paint and your secrets and your clumsiness and—"

"Hey, now, I am not clumsy."

"See right there! You did it again." He suddenly smiled and walked toward her. "You are maddening on every level and I cannot bear the thought of leaving you, yet you keep trying to get me to go to places like Africa. Why do you do that?"

There were those deadly dimples again. She backed toward the bathroom, the word 'love' hanging in the room between them. Had he really said he thought he was falling in love with her?

She lifted up the hem of her paint smeared t-shirt and teased him with a glimpse of her abdomen. "Shower with me. I wonder how I say that in Italian?"

"Voglio fare una doccia con voi...or something close to that." He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it away. Without breaking eye contact, he unzipped his jeans, pushed them down his thighs, and kicked them aside. "Did I lose anything in translation?"

She looked down at his naked body and gulped down the excess saliva. "I think we're understanding each other perfectly."


Grinning, he grabbed her shirt and yanked it off of her before crushing her to his chest. "Let me love you, Jessica." He flicked his tongue over her lips and repeated in Italian, "Lascia che ti ami, Jessica."

From the back cover...


In between responsibilities and dreams...


Jessica Moriarty has always played by the rules, but for once in her life, she's doing exactly as she pleases. In between graduate school and 'real life', she's in Florence, Italy, indulging her love of art and abandoning inhibitions.

Meeting Jacques Sinclair rocks her off center. Whereas rules and living up to expectations have dictated her life, he is the opposite. A rebel. A photographer. A man who lives for the moment. He sweeps her up into a riveting romance that makes her question all she's ever believed to be true.

The drum of old commitments echo through her heart as time ticks away. Will the crush of 'real life' undermine the love she's found in between...?

***This is book one of the two part Dancing Barefoot series**




3 comments:

Melody Parks said...

I think I just found myself a new author to love. Damn, girl. That was a hot excerpt. I ♥ the header of your blog and your cover for Duplicity!!! OMG I want him.

Gale Stanley said...

Love a little Italian whispered in the ear... So sexy.

Tammy Dennings Maggy said...

I loved the whole book! I read the story first when you started it as a free read, but when I read it again there was so much more. Fabulous as always!